By Isaac Lenkou
Loitokitok law court on Monday directed that a middle-aged man accused of sodomizing a minor remain in custody until Thursday when hearing will commence.
Principal Magistrate Judicaster Nthuku directed that the accused will be bonded after the complainant testifies in court on Thursday.
Jones Ogongo who last week had admitted the charge before the magistrate has, however, later denied the charge.
The court had set the case to be mentioned on Monday for age assessment report of the minor from Loitokitok Sub County hospital.
However, the prosecution told the court the report was scanty and the magistrate directed the hospital to provide a comprehensive age assessment report of the minor before hearing date.
The charge against Ogongo stated that on August 31 last month at Kimana trading Centre he sodomized the minor.
The prosecutor told the court boy had left home heading to school when he was confronted by the accused who at first seduced him to go with him to his house which was a short distance from the main road but the minor declined.
The accused who is welll known by the boy then threatened to kill the boy if he resisted before covering his mouth not to scream, the court heard.
He dragged the boy into his house before committing the heinous act the prosecutor told the court.
After he was done the accused locked the boy from outside before leaving but the minor managed to get out through the window.
As he was escaping he met with a good Samaritan and narrated his ordeal. The good Samaritan took him to Sabasaba police patrol base and the boy’s mother was consulted and she came and escorted her son to Kimana Health Centre for medical examination.
Police officers went to the accused’s home but never met him and alerted the members of public concerning the incident the court was told.
On Wednesday last week the accused was arrested by members of public at around 7:00 pm and was escorted to the patrol base and charged with the alleged offence.