By Christine Tarayie.
More than 20 families were recently rendered homeless after a fierce fire gutted their houses in Noonkopir area Kitengela town.
The fire that broke out at 3am is suspected to have been caused by a stove in one of the rental iron sheets houses. No household goods were salvaged and several people sustained minor burns.
The victims said they heard screams from a caretaker of the buildings. Residents then began running out of their houses and waking up those who were still asleep.
Victims faulted Kajiado County fire fighters for slow response, saying they showed up at 7am when the fire had already engulfed the houses.